At Educational Connections, Inc. we pride ourselves on the quality and experience of our tutors. With over 200 tutors on our team, we are able to successfully meet the needs of all learners across Northern Virginia, Suburban Maryland, and Washington, DC.
Educational Connections provides one-on-one, in home tutoring to students in the Northern Virginia, Suburban Maryland, and Washington, DC area. We specialize in matching students with highly qualified tutors. Our professional tutors work with students on strengthening academic content knowledge, study skills, organization, time, management, and college admission test preparation. We provide Educational Coaching to help students develop executive functioning skills and work to customize programs for each child’s unique needs. We have served more than 9,000 students.
All tutors undergo an intensive interview process, including: an hour-long interview that includes scenario-based questions and mock tutoring sessions, a multi-state background check, and thorough conversations with references who have personal knowledge of each candidate’s teaching ability and style. Several times each month we provide opportunities for tutors to engage in professional development through workshops, webinars, and individual trainings.
- All have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- 75 percent have a Master’s degree or are in the process of obtaining one
- 85 percent are current or former classroom teachers
- The remaining 15 percent are content area specialists, such as physicists, accountants, editors, etc.
- They possess knowledge and experience working with students that have learning disabilities, AD/HD, executive functioning deficits, and other learning differences.
- They provide not only remediation but also enrichment for students in GT programs, or those students wishing to gain more out of their academics.
- Most importantly, our tutors are carefully matched with their students based on personality and experience.