Currey Ingram Academy was founded as Westminster School of Nashville in 1968 and was housed in Westminster Presbyterian Church for 34 years.
Located in Brentwood, Tenn., just miles from Nashville and Franklin, Currey Ingram Academy is a K-12 independent, college-preparatory day school for students with unique learning styles and/or learning differences. Since moving to this campus in 2002, the school has welcomed families from 32 states and eight countries who cite the school as their primary reason for moving to Middle Tennessee.
Currey Ingram Academy is accredited by the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS), AdvancEd/Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA).
If your child has average to superior intelligence but is not reaching his or her fullest potential in a traditional classroom, look at Currey Ingram Academy. Through small classes and personalized instruction, we address each student’s learning style – allowing students to soar ahead in strength areas while shoring up any areas of need. Each student has an individualized learning plan, and parents receive four parent-teacher conferences per year. Strong arts, athletics and extracurricular activities emphasize student strengths and talents, while speech-language and occupational therapy supports (if needed), school counseling, and college counseling support round out our approach to preparing every child to reach his or her fullest potential.
- K-12, co-ed, college-prep curriculum for diverse learners
- Small classes
- Individualized learning plans for every student
- 83-acre campus that opened in 2002 with state-of-the-art facilities and grounds
- Speech-language and OT services available during student’s school day, if needed (details vary by student needs, grade level, etc.)
- Strong arts and no-cut, placement-based athletics
- Social activities such as Homecoming, Prom, dances, class parties, fundraisers, Bandfests on the Quad, and more
- Host of clubs and afterschool activities and aftercare for grades K-8
- Technology and dining are included in tuition cost
We also offer a six-week ADHD Summer Treatment (Day) Program for ages 8-11